My title

Back in 1982, when I was a student, my Polytecnic lecturer called me Teacher Ho, because I looked like a teacher. Actually, I taught in secondary evening school at that time. When I started my career in industry in the mid-80s, some of my colleaques called me Professor Ho, because I looked like an absent-minded Professor.

When I got my Ph.D. in in mid-90s, some of my students started to call me Dr Ho, though one of my friends just said "You are a good dog"..  A few years ago, HKU appointed me as a Visiting Associate Professor, some colleagues and some students called me Professor Ho again.

Once I was in the Underground Railway, a very old lady came up and called me Uncle; I believe I look like an uncle. Now that, some students call me Big Brother Ho (BBH)..  As I review all these titles, I think I prefer Big Brother Ho among all the titles. Or, to simplify the whole matter, just call me Jo. And, Jo is a good Dr, not a good dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case