About this complaint - "topic not taught in class"

This sometimes happens. Students did not know how to how to do literature review and made complaints in their progress reports "The topic of literature review was not taught in class". I was offended with that, for sure.

First of all, I did teach the subject of Literature Review in class and have also written blog articles on that. Secondly, if students still have problems with literature review after class, they should contact me direct via email. I always respond within 24 hours to students' queries. Of course,  I only offer quick feedback while the students need to spend effort to study Research Methods textbook on the topic of Literature Review.  I only facilitate learning and learning by students cannot be imposed externally. It is also clear that email and phone support cannot replace formal lectures.

These days, students can also watch video clips on lectures related to Research Methods topics such as Literature Review. I have include video clips (from youtube) in my academic forum that also cover literature review.

I do not want to teach this kind of students who complain for things that are not true. There are many other students that need my support. Why should I spend time on these students who complain without reasonable justifications?


References
  1. Article 1: http://josephho33.blogspot.com/2011/08/use-of-theoretical-frameworks-in.html
  2. Article 2: http://josephho33.blogspot.com/2011/08/literature-review-of-research-subject.html
  3. Research methods forum: https://www.facebook.com/josephho33/posts/10150592467232090?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment&m_sess=1oTJsA-ZS7W8tT-#!/groups/194088197319308/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case