Will I fail in my assignment? That's not the question

Some students, on receiving SMA assignment comments that look no good, ask me if they could fail. I post my response below for reference:

While I cannot release info about specific assignment score and that alll my marks are preliminary at this stage anyway, I can say that very very few students failed in assignments based on my memory. It is very very rare to fail in assignments on this subject as marked by me. Thus, poor comments do not necessarily indicate that the assignment will fail.
If the quality of an assignment is indeed horrible, it should earn a failure grade. For students who are not serious in their study and do very poorly in their coursework and exam, they should receive a failure grade. If students think that the University and the lecturer(s) should be nice to them, I personally have no problem to refer these students to some wild chicken universities who would be very happy to enroll them to their academic degree programme(s).
Frankly, I have been quite lenient in my marking of assignments already; and I do reward good quality assignments with high scores... Very reasonably, students should not worry about assignment results now and should focus on exam preparation.



NB: Students should try their best to do their assignments and develop competence in their study to establish their esteemed personal professional standing and maintain the reputation of the university.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case