Assignment writing skill - some advice

When answering assignment requirement, if you required to evaluate a statement, you need to do so explicitly and clearly. I have got the following case from a student to illustrate the case:

Student: " I received your assignment commen. You mentioned that tast 2 did not evaluate "statement". I would like to confirm the "statment" which is the additional question added by Professor XXX. But I have answered this statment in the last three paragraphs. Maybe I can not express it clearly. For example:
It is assumed that we sell our products using full production cost, we can get a high contribution margin for our further development......
I mean that I sell my products using full production cost, I can get a high contribution margin for our further development...."

My reply is as follows: "...Try to more clearly review the assignment statement and state clearly that you intend to examine the assignment statement in the coming section of your assignment report.

To start with: identify the core tasks involved from the assignment statement evaluation.  Subsequently, you could state clearly as follows: "The statement expresses the following ideas .... with the  following implications.... in my view, the statement is not clear in that...... nor  logical in that..... ... etc"..  I think you could improve your writing skill in this case... "

In dealing with the task of assignment statement evaluation, your writing needs to give the reader a clear impression that you are indeed evaluating the assignment statement.


In the reported case above, students are required to deal with the following task - assignment statement evaluation:

"In the context of the Case 201 and generally respond to the assertion: ‘I sell my product for what I can get, I use cost to determine whether I want to do business or not.’  Briefly comment on what you understand by this statement and what its implications are".




NB: Similarly, in examination, students need to indicate clearly which part of an exam question they are answering in exam. and the writing [of the answer] should give the impression that it is indeed addressing the exam question [and not just writing some notes that could be related to the exam question].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case