Using e-library: a chat

Professor: to do your dissertation projects, you need to use the university e-library to access academic journal articles...
Student: The university e-library has no articles to download...
Professor: It has lots of academic articles to download. Try to learn how to use e-library by reading my blog articles
Student: I prefer to read books, not academic articles..
Professor: You need to read academic articles for doing your dissertation reports. Books cannot replace articles.....
Student: I prefer to read McKinsey articles from the Internet..
Professor: McKinsey articles are not academic articles...
Student: I am busy and have no time to read academic articles.
Professor: It is required for Undergraduate students to learn to read academic articles and for Master Degree students to develop a habit of reading academic articles. As to Ph.D. students and Ph.D., they should be capable to write academic articles...  anyway, you decide...
Student: I do not read articles on-screen, thus articles from e-library are not good to me..
Professor: You could read the articles downloaded from e-library in e-book readers, e.g. Amazon Kindle.. it is as good as reading on paper..
Student: Have not heard of that..... [smiling].......


As a dissertation supervisor, I need to remind students to read articles for a proper literature review exercise; the rest: if you don't care, I don't care.. but then, there could be quality problem with the dissertation reports later.....    then some students will say: "I just want a pass"....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case