Subject syllabus - what's that?

Every time I get a subject syllabus, I study it carefully and admire the intellectual skills exhibited in the document. There are subject objectives, concepts to be covered and the a comprehensive list of references. Based on the information, I compile my reading materials to my students and, inevitably, they complain about the bulky study materials and express deep worries on studying the subject. They feel that I am not considerate or  do not "understand their standpoint".  Subsequently, much efforts have been made to coach them so that they can exert "reasonable" effort so as to pass the subject that I teach.

In the current situation, the profile of "some" students is just not good enough for them to study the subjects designed for them. The best hope is that they develop a genuine interest in the subjects and will pursue the study on a continuous basis.. once in a while, miracles do happen... and I am able to inspire some students..

From teaching the subjects, I also learn a lot and the question is how to provide support as a mentor to those who are genuinely interested to learn. 

There are some students who do not show respect to the education system nor teachers; there are also students who just want a pass; I am happy to discharge my teaching responsibility to them and continue with my own professional development and activities without them, and vice versa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case