Reading magazines

There are quite a number of magazines I have subscribed, Time, Newsweek, The Economist,  and Businessweek, etc.. I enjoy reading them very much.  More than the news, I like to study the writing styles of the various articles. Learning English via reading journal articles has been what I have been doing since my Secondary School. It is rare to find grammatical errors from these magazines.  In the very old days when I was a secondary school student, I used to go to North Point to purchase old magazines to read. It probably costed 50 cents to buy one from the bookshops there which sold old textbooks as well as old magazines. Those bookshops have long gone.
It is now getting more difficult to read magazines in public transportation as it is now so crowded with lighting very often blocked by the crowd. It is nevertheless much enjoyable to read articles in hardcopy magazines than via a e-reader, though the technology will advance to a point one day that the situation will change; and I am sure of that.
I keep about 3 years’ of old magazines at home, resulting in the storage of quite a number of boxes of them. It is very costly to do as living space is very valuable in Hong Kong. These old magazines are important for my research activities. Subsequently, I sell them, and can earn about  20-30 dollars each time, just enough to cover the logistics cost.
Finally, I would say that magazine articles are very often more interesting and useful than academic journal articles; and they are much less expensive per piece.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case