Job interview - Q&A

Job interview - Q&A for a part-time teaching post

Interviewer: Why are you interested in applying for the part-time teaching post in our University?
Interviewee: Because I want to learn more about these subjects via teaching.....
Interviewer: What could we do to support our students to do final year dissertations?
Interviewee: Via email, by phone and via e-learning support via social media applications. Students need to have access to university e-library and know how to use it.....
Interviewer: How can we motivate students to do final year dissertations?
Interviewee: Learning has to be internally driven; I motivate students to learn by inspiring them and establishing myself as a role model to them. I cannot force students to learn but I can act as their mentor and coach for life..  If you want more information about my thinking, you could refer to my latest academic article to be published in ......
Interviewer: How can we help students to cope with dissertatioon works?
Interviewee: We need to inspire students to develp a genuine interest in study, to enjoy learning; students should start to do reading around the chosen subjects and study programme at least one month before the start of their school year. Students need to read business journals as an integrated part of their style of living..... Frankly, I am not so much concerned about students passing dissertation works than developing students' life-long interest in professional development...

Interviewer: you talk too much.... do you have any questions to ask
Interviewee: Indeed, I talk too much and I think I stop at this point.. no question from me..


I enjoy the talk but, most likely, I will not get the part-time job because I am not the kind of teachers demanded by them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case