Academic board meetings: questions & answers

In recent academic board meetings, I came across some questions from students, which are typical; the answers from schools are also classical. I recap them here:

Students: I am not happy to attend classes on Saturdays and Sundays. I am sure so from work and I am not able to spare time to spend with my family... can the centre do something about it?
School Admin: Not feasible.. the Degree programme is intensive and we need to maintain a required level of study contents, and academic standards..  Indeed, many MBA programmes hold classes on Saturdays and Sundays... thus, you have to make do with it.....
Professor Ho: I have seen students posting in facebooks that they are sleepy during those sessions. I advise them to bring along a pillow with them to the class..  The other thing is: students should not rely solely on attending classes to learn their taught subjects; they should do more pre-readings before the classes.. by doing so, they will not feel so tired to pick up totally new stuffs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case