Business Reseach ethics discussion: cases

I made up the following examples to illustrate some issues as related to Business Research ethics:

Case 1:
Student: my topic is "why my boss is such a poor manager?"
Teacher: In this case: you cannot comply with the principle of informed consent

Case 2:
Student: I want to study sex harrassment in offices
Teacher: IC. In this case, you should not employ participant observation nor covert observation as your research methods.

Case 3:
Student: If I study "office violence" using my company as a case study for my dissertation, could I use participant observation?
Teacher: Of course not. Your boss probably will not approve your topic. Thus, informed consent may not be feasible. You also need to maintain confidentiality of your informats in this case..


Reference
Related blog article: http://josephho33.blogspot.com/2012/03/research-and-consulting-ethics.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case