About intellectual curiorsity - an episode

This was a conversation between a visiting UK Lecturer and me:

The UK Lecturer: the students in HK have not been doing well in their studies; they did not read widely on their taught subjects. It must be due to the fact that teachers in Hong Kong do not encourage them to do more reading around their taught subjects... which the students must be able to realize that doing well in their studies is good for their career....
Me: I have tried my best to stimulate students to learn; learning must be inner-driven and I cannot force my students to learn. I, personally,am very interested in learning and I could only promise that, after finishing the teaching of this subject, I will write a paper for publication in an academic journal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case