"I need a First Hon." and "IC"

An episode:

Rught after a 20-min dissertation report presentation to me, who acted as a second report marker", the student walked up to me and said, "Sir, I need 76 marks from you in order to get a First Hon.; the other subjects of mine are all above 70s; my disseration supervisor also knows about it, and he also gave me 75 marks for my final year dissertation..."

I looked up at the student and said: "IC. Your report is not innovative; like many other students, you just stick to this service quality gap model; you made lots of recommendations in your report without further research design & findings to support your views. So, I just gave you 56 marks here... Anyway, you should not request me for a specific target mark right after your dissertation report presentation, and then to change your report from 56 marks (a grade of 'good') to a 76 (a grade of 'excellent') is 'very difficult'.... Should I from now on also give other students whose reports are just reasonable an excellent grade?"


If students want to earn an excellent grade, they need to produce a quality report that deserves it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case