Review questions from an education centre

The following questions were presented to me by a private education centre: [ABC centre]

How has your background in industry and consultancy led you to lecturing? And why have you chosen to specifically teach at ABC centre ?
I have been doing part-time teaching since the early 80s, and I enjoy teaching. My industry experience is valuable for my teaching activity in Business Studies and all the subjects I teach are practical subjects; many of my students are part-time students with full-time jobs. Students are interested in learning knowledge relevant to their career development, so my industry experience is part of what I teach to students. Thus, lecturing actually predates my career in the industry.
What do you think makes ABC centre a unique learning environment?
The ABC centre is a small centre; it is not bureaucratic. I feel relaxed when conducting lectures in its centre. It has a very practice of offering textbooks for subjects I am appointed to teach.
What can students hope to gain from learning at ABC centre?
Apparently, they gain a recognized qualification in business if they succeed in passing all the subjects they study. Most important of all, they have a chance to attend my workshops.
Could you tell us a bit about some of the modules you teach and how long you have been teaching them?
These days, I mainly teach the subject of Research Methods for the ABC centre; I have been teaching this subject for more than 10 years.
Within those taught modules could you highlight 3 things you have introduced to the classroom to enhance your students learning experience?
1st thing: I make use of the e-learning platform of Facebook and Blog to support in-class teaching.
2nd thing: I make use of day-to-day language and examples to teach the subject of Research Methods
3rd thing: I teach in a casual and relaxed manner; I believe students learn more effectively when they are relaxed too.

And what do you expect from your students?
I expect students to have high intellectual curiosity; are committed to learn and show respect to the University, the education centre, to the teacher and, finally, to their fellow classmates. I expect students to be humble, friendly, and sincere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case