Meeting with students who plagiarised - on why

Having just conducted a meeting with students who plagiarised in their course assignments, I note the following reasons why students plagiarised in their study:

  1. Too busy to do assignment and so plagiarised in assignment works to meet assignment submission deadline
  2. Do not know what is plagiarism and the education has not briefed me; plus, this is my first assignment so I do not know the "rule of the game" in doing assignments properly.
  3. The centre did not use turnitin (anti-plagiarism software) to check assignments in previous courseworks, thus believing that plagiarism is not a serious problem.
  4. Cannot remember that I have plagiarised..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup57/58/Full PF11] Teaching plan

Mind mapping the topic of gender

Synopsis form - an example for a fake case