Academic board meetings: questions & answers

In recent academic board meetings, I came across some questions from students, which are typical; the answers from schools are also classical. I recap them here:

Students: I am not happy to attend classes on Saturdays and Sundays. I am sure so from work and I am not able to spare time to spend with my family... can the centre do something about it?
School Admin: Not feasible.. the Degree programme is intensive and we need to maintain a required level of study contents, and academic standards..  Indeed, many MBA programmes hold classes on Saturdays and Sundays... thus, you have to make do with it.....
Professor Ho: I have seen students posting in facebooks that they are sleepy during those sessions. I advise them to bring along a pillow with them to the class..  The other thing is: students should not rely solely on attending classes to learn their taught subjects; they should do more pre-readings before the classes.. by doing so, they will not feel so tired to pick up totally new stuffs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mind mapping the topic of gender

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup 65/project only 66/Full 19]: 2025-26

MBA Research Project [MGTM05] class [topup 66/project only 67/Full 20], Jan 2026-June 2026